Friday, July 22, 2011

Inspiring animation

I just found this animation while browsing youtube. I absolutely adore the animation. Im usually not a fan of 3D being used this way, but I love it here.




I love the 2D look everything has here and the soft muted colours they used. The movement of the deer is beautiful too, especially when he wakes up to the ash falling down and the obviously careful way he carries the leaf to the water. N damn it looks amazing when the leaves/vines spring up and you get the brighter colours... *dies*
The idea of a deer being used as a symbol of rebirth isnt so unique.. but oh so beautiful dont you think?

I especially love the animation in Fantasia 2000 "Igor Stravinsky's Firebird Suite". I just watched it then and it still sends chills down my spine. I absolutely love semi-realistic animals in animations. Probably why I love Legend of the Guardians so much, even though I admit their lacking a lil in story...

Anyway, heres "Igor Stravinsky's Firebird Suite" from Fantasia 2000. Definitely worth watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment