Sunday, July 24, 2011

Deer, oh deer

Im feeling remarkably less motivated today than I was yesterday.

Im reading a book by one of my favourite authors, Anne Rice, and every now and then she describes a scene, it might be some major or minor scene, but something about it makes me want to illustrate it. Like a book cover-type-thing I suppose. While I was reading another of her books I also kept thinking about how this scene might be played out in a movie or a comic book.

Considering Im doing an animation course, I think I should start thinking more like an animator rather than an illustrator...

I also watched Bambi today, to try and get motivated. I watched it twice actually. Once normally, the second time with a sort of commentary taken from the meetings with Walt Disney while they were planning the movie.

All it really made me want to do is draw a deer.

So I did. Or I just sketched one... I might finish it. The photos were taken from wikimedia commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment