Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ideas and inspirations

Im only in my first year of Uni and yet Im already thinking about what I might do as my 3rd year animation. I still dont know which Ill choose to do, 2D or 3D animation.. or even both..
I have classes this semester that will teach me basics of 2D animation in Flash and 3D animation. Maybe Ill have a better idea then.
Id love to do something like theyve done in the Fantasia movies. Where they have a classical song and animate a story for it. Ever since I was a child Ive loved Fantasia, I watched it so often I destroyed the video I had. I especially love the animation to Beethovens "The Pastoral Symphony". Those pegasus characters are so beautiful and the little black pegasus is adorable when he's so proud he can fly :)



Another early inspiration of mine are the Krtek cartoons. My grandparents were born in the Czech rep. so I grew up with a few Czech traditions. Whenever I visited I used to watch the Krtek video they had. I loved it imensly. Krtek is such a gorgeous character and though he rarely actually speaks, I love the way he comunicates and all the little adorable sounds he makes.



I really dont know what Id want to do for my final. Suppose its a good think I have 1.5 years to think on it.

A more current desicion I have to make would be what company I have to choose to do my design project on. I have to design an identity in my design class this semester. Im thinking maybe a red panda conservation group. Im a little obsessed with red pandas at the moment, and I do like designing the more corporate/businessy websites and such than the 'artsy-fartsy' ones. Or really Im just better at it...

Ahhh well. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment