Thursday, August 25, 2011

Motivation

Still not so much happening here. Motivation is at a low. But Im pushing through it.
Half of my design project is done, thank god.. the logo is finished. Now just to do the website, brochure, invoice, business card etc.

But I have a week of 'holidays' now. Most of which I imagine will be filled with finishing the project for my imaging class and doing my little animation. And of course, sleep. I like my sleep. I suppose I should be social at some point too... we'll see.

Anyway, about this motivation. I believe its based purely on me being forced to draw something Im not comfortable with. Im an 'animal artist'. Im best at drawing animals, whether it be horses or little fluffy things. I dont do people. People dont so much interest me. I wish I were good at doing them, and I know that if I practise enough I will get better. But now, all I want to do is draw animals and improve on those skills.

But I cant.

Cause I have to draw people for class...

Its frustrating because I know what Im making sucks. I just dont have the time to experiment and improve on my people drawing skills and do these projects.

I also tend to get distracted a lot.

Anyway, heres a good little quote made into an interesting text-animation thing. It gives me some motivation to just try and work through this crappy art time.


Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo.

Another awesome motivation animation is 'Boundin' by Pixar. I really love this short. Especially the little expressions the jackalope does when he's listening to the sheep... its damn well done.



On a more interesting note, heres an absolutely AMAZING animation by Ryan Woodward. The timing and movements are stunning... just watch it!




No comments:

Post a Comment