Friday, August 5, 2011

Graphic novels

I was a bit bored the other day and I started browsing around different art sites. I sometimes do this if I feel uninspired or want to find some talented artists.

I was looking around the OFF-White site (link in my sidebar) and I looked at their outgoing links, and they directed me to a few other comics. One in particular I quite like. Its called 'Sfeer Theory'. They only have one chapter down so far, and it tell you to wait until september before the next update, but I love the style!

The expressions and storytelling is wonderful. I recommend everyone to check it out.

Find it here - http://sfeertheory.littlefoolery.com/index.html

Another comic I really want to read is Lackadaisy. Ive seen the art for it and absolutely adore it! Again, I love the expressions, and the characters seem quite well developed. Though I cant really comment more until Ive read it...

You can find Lackadaisy here - http://www.lackadaisycats.com/

One of my favourite artist and storyteller at the moment is Yummei on dA. Just wow! Simply beautiful emotional stories. The way theyre displayed also interests me, theyre in interactive flash comics. The art is absolutely wonderful, but the storys are so beautiful.

Here is their '1000 words' short comic. Its well worth reading! I hope one day I could tell stories half as well :)

1000 W0RDS by `yuumei on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment