Tuesday, November 15, 2011

21 and concerns for next year

So not too much has been happening. Ive been a little less motivated than usual the past few weeks. But thats fine. Ive also been playing Psychonauts a bit, and thats quite distracting...

Anyway I have a few pictures I want to draw for friends and family for xmas, so I suppose I should start on them.

I had my birthday on the 6th, I am now 21, which is nice though theres been no great revelations or wisdom thats come with it. I did however get 'Drawn to Life volume 1 and 2' and another Terryl Whitlash book that I love. As well as some pretty nice watches and bag.

Im happy too. Which is always good.

Im a little concerned for next year. I always have been really.. though I am excited, Im still worried that I might just not be able to animate anything decent. Ever... but I shall try, and I want to learn all I can. I just dont feel as creative as others. but maybe that only means that I wont be an animator or storyteller.. I quite enjoyed what little 3d modelling we did, and I do enjoy doing character design.. so maybe they will be the areas I go into? Or maybe something completely different.

Its hard because Im interested in such different things, its hard to fit any together... for instance I love history and behaviour. As well as animals and research and drawing, books, learning, photography... siiigh.

I really like learning about behaviour, in particular canine behaviour. I wont go into it, mainly because I dont really know too much and dont want to sound like an idiot, but I love their social behaviour. The way they sort out their problems together and their social hierarchy.. its amazing.. I love em..

Anyway one good thing about next year is we also get to choose an elective class. Which Im excited about. I wanted to do the photography course, but Im worried itd be too... crap. I want to learn how to take better pictures, I want to learn about the proper camera settings to use etc. I dont want to learn about stuff I already know..

Then I was thinking I might do a language course. Id love to learn french, japanese or german. I learnt german in high school, but I dont really remember much.. then I though what good will another language do me... siiigh.

Ill keep thinking about it.

Heres a fjord horse I drew. Theyre cute. And I had fun with this style.



Heres a cute and funny little animation

No comments:

Post a Comment