Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Second year student!

Back at uni, and I am liking it so far. I have a 2 day week, which I also really like, though tuesday is a long day. It has my favourite subjects though so its not too bad.

2D is going to be fun, right now we have a project that we have to hand draw a 20 second animation to a soundtrack of some nonsense sounds. So far I have the idea, its not terribly exciting or unusual though. Ill have to try something strange for the next assignment.

For 3D we have to design and build a landscape, which Im also excited about. Im doing a cabin on a swamp... hopefully itll turn out well. I enjoy modelling.

Im not 100% sure yet what were going to do in Interactive. So far we've learnt a little html, I imagine we'll keep learning on that and build up a website or something...

We also have Video, we have to plan, write, film a 1 minute video and edit it. Seems to be a lot of details and such involved, we have to plan everything including budgets, schedules, permits etc. Its going to certainly be different... Im not so much looking forward to it, and I have no clue what I am going to film...

Anyway, heres and awesome little animation-thing, I looove the way its made. I not only love watching speedpaints and such, but theyve taken this to a new level and made it into a gorgeous video of the making of a gorgeous picture. I hope to try out this sort of technique one day as I loved doing the 3D photo collages in after effects last year, though it was nothing nearly as gorgeous as this :)

Anyway, just watch and enjoy!



REBIRTH of GAEA - Flowing Meditation from Jesse Michael Newman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment